There is a me that loves to create things. Paintings, music(tenor sax,) stories. I love to spend time listening to my girlscout troop. Young girls with free imagination are quite creative. They remind me of who I was before I let bills, past disappointments, and my own self-defeated attitude keep me from living free. My faith--or lack thereof-- also keep me from living authentic.
My daughter needs an authentic parent more than a kiddy chaffeur. Don't you agree?
And I want to be free again.
So this is what I'm doing.
- Reducing my commitments
- Turning my phone off during my peak writing hours.
- Increasing my creative time.
- Saying "no" to the next request asked of me. (unless it's God of course.)
- Blogging about things that matter or should matter.
- Pray more
- Sleep more
- Allow my daughter free time(her day doesn't have to be so scheduled)