This weekend I have had a blast reading your responses on Facebook about your blog setup, retooling faux pas and a better understanding of how important it is to think about the big picture when you're building your blog. There are so many literary type blogs out there. Some you can tell had a great idea, then fizzled out when no one responded to their posts. There are some that are pr dump sites masquerading as book review blogs. So much stuff... And it's all good. It's good because all that blog gunk helps your thoughtfully produced book blog gain more credibility, relevance to the industry, and most importantly, it helps you stand on top of all that gunk.
The best way for me--when I sat in your seat-- was I checked out other blogs. I observed what I didn't want and what I needed.
Today in Day 6 of Building a Better Blog. I want you to visit three of your favorite book blogs and do the following:
- goto the discussion forum and post the link to the 3 blogs you selected
- tell us what you thought you needed
- tell us what you thought you didn't
- debunk some things I typically see on blogs that don't matter a hill of beans
- share three tools all book bloggers need on their blog
- tell you whether what you think is what you need to take your book blog to the next level
- Faith*in*Fiction http://www.faithinfiction.blogspot.com
- Write About Now http://jmarkbertrand.typepad.com/writeaboutnow/
- Ragamuffin Diva http://ragamuffindiva.blogspot.com/
- I cheated. One More. Milk is my friend. Have to put him on here. Your Writers Group http://www.yourwritersgroup.com/mywritersgroup/
Photo Credit: Another cheat. my Fifth favorite book blog-Brandywine Books