I am reading Stacy Hawkins Adams, The Someday List as a part of her blogtour release party and also because she's my friend. The book is about many things, but since it's the top of the year and we are still playing around with the notion of resolutions, this book is a great tool for us to build wish lists, Dream lists or whatever we want to call a list to get us off our complacent selves. I've had a Someday List when I was a child. I made a new one when I became diagnosed with heart-failure.
Every day is a blessing for me, so of course my Someday List has a short timeline. I still have a challenge thinking long-term. I have gotten better and I am thankful, but it's still hard for me to do, so here goes my Someday List for February. Why February? It's my birthday month!!! Woot!
- I am throwing myself a birthday party. (actually i am on Media Candy Feb. 3) Usually I talk about having one, but talk myself out of it, so I will be having a virtual one and real one. Somedays I wished someone thought enough of me to throw me a party, but didn't stop to think that that someone could very well be me.
- I will submit my novel to a writing contest that has a deadline for March. Lately I've spent a lot of time on promoting my clients and friends, and not enough time writing. I want to become published someday...
- I will write a story that I want to read not for the industry, but for me. Somedays I am dissappointed with the books I read. Somedays I'm disappointed with the stories I write. I wished at least someday I would write the book of my dreams and someone would love it as much as I did. But if I never write this dream story...
- I will love my daughter so much. Sometimes I take Selah for granted and she's only eight years old. Not good. I'll love on her good that someday she will remember how much I love her.
- I want to wear my new black dress very well end of February. I've been on WeightWatchers for a while, I can't wait for the day that my group see big changes. For me I want to be able to wear this black dress in my closet. I'm close, but not close enough. I'm tired of not being close enough. You know?
- I will be my own Valentine and by myself roses and chocolate. I always wanted to do that. Again this goes back to me not thinking that I'm worthy to treat myself as well as I treat others around me. I have to kick that bad habit.
- I am going to see a guilty pleasure movie by myself. Again I talk myself out of this, which is sad, since I have a free movie ticket.
- I am getting my biz house in order. This biz is a sweet surprise. I'm honored, but I need to set up the foundation right, so I will be taking a week in February just for that. Sorry guys. Telling you now.
- I am going to rest on my off weekends, and take no client calls on Friday. This thing is more ministry for me. I talk books for free and probably in my sleep, but I have a kid, I am physically challenged, and I thank God for my life. I need to honor this very weak heart I have and take care of it.
- I am going to dance. I love dance and added it to my exercise, but got off track because of some family responsibilities, not anymore.