Happy Freedom Sticky Fest!
I'm excited to be a part of Tricia Goyer's Whisper of Freedom MeMe Sticky Post Tour & Chest of Gold Contest. I had so much fun last week with the MommyFest I'm excited for a new thing, particularly a Christian Fiction Thing.
Before I post my MEME results and the Contest info I want to say a few things about A Whisper of Freedom (Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War Series, Book 3):
- I love that there is a summary at the beginning of the novel to catch me up to speed with Sophie.
- It' has a multicultural subplot. Deion Clay and Gwen (an AA romance subplot) love that and Oliver Law, an AA fighter for Spain.
- The story feels real. Tricia has made me a fan of historicals again. I love that she includes the Brave men of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade, an excerpt...
Then, as he[Deion] lay there, another face filled his memory. It wasn't one from his dream, but rather the face of the nurse who cared for him. The strength and meekness that shone through her eyes, her shy smile--all made his heart beat faster.During the tour, you can enter to win one of FIVE signed copies of A Whisper of Freedom by signing up for Tricia's newsletter there!
Three brave "players" will be selected at random to win their own lost gold (Gourmet chocolate coins and all three books in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series). To enter all you have to do is answer the MEME on your blog and then leave a comment on Tricia’s blog tour post here that you’ve posted your MEME. Easy.
Thanks all so much for your willingness to play along!
OK. My Chance...
List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!)
- Determine the value of the gold.
- Tithe appropriately
- Invest it and live on 10% of it annually.
- I support March of Dimes. My sister has had two miscarriages. After the last one The March of Dimes contacted her about testing for a rare blood clot disorder.
- I support the American Heart Association, because I am a post partum heartfailure patient.
- I support The Girl Scouts, because I am one. :)
3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services.
- I've been a Girl Scout Leader for three years.
- I help a newbie writer each year better their craft.
- I promote many gospel recording artists for free.
4. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over.
- My tenor saxophone
- My art portfolio
- A box of love letters from all my former loves.
5. List the last three things you've lost.
- Seven years of writing. All my novels, mag articles, tear sheets.
- I lost a child last year.
- I lost a new boyfriend.
6. List the last three things you've found.
- I found my spunk again.
- My love for Yoga.
- My prayer life.