For those who read my reviews I would love to know what words out of that group and more you've read in my reviews to the point you have dulled to my conversation. :) Here are a few words I know I say far too much are with my definitions for them:
- compelling-a story that has depth and expounds upon our culture in a deeper way than commercial fiction. good examples are Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Half of a Yellow Sun
- balance-I use this word a lot. I mean I'm searching for a story that has a cast of characters that buttress the theme
- buttress- to hold up, to hold up the foundation of the story, usually the theme.
- ghost- the plot disappeared before the ending
- captivating-fascinating. few books captivate me, but i do use a lot
- lost its fizzle- story has lost its focus before it reaches the end
- stilted dialogue- the dialogue doesn't seem natural
- what others?