As you answer, let me tell you what I'm doing.
1. Obtain the lyrics. Self explanatory.Coming Home lyrics
2. I watched a video of the song. Why?
- I wanted to be sure what I thought of the song could be transferrable into a character driven story.
- I didn't want my idea to be the same as the video.
- I use it to brainstorm horses(a chain of themes to build the story)
- It helps me determine whether this story will be flash, short, novella or novel. Depending on how many elements this song springs out, tells me what kind of story I'm going to have.
- I just love that song. :)
- I'm searching for a chain to link these horses up. Usually when you ask people questions, they send you anecdotes. These anecdotes could become subplots, plot points who knows.
- You get another chance to listen to the story. :)
Now I have to go back to rewrites on Blessed to Kill:)
Now share with me what would you do?