Last night I was reminded of Dave's FiF while watching Successfool TV. This discussion was about forums and how they can service a community like nobody's business. And then I thought about my clients, my blog, and my forums.
Forums when thoughtfully created can provide value to you as an author and to your book brand by:
- Galvanizing your readers to start grass roots projects like: book release parties, pajama parties, library readings, requesting libraries to stock your book. Manga and Comic book fans share book party ideas on Comic Book Forums
- Build a community around your book series: Stephanie Myer's, author of Twilight has fan forums for her series.
- Build an effective and focused email newsletter campaign: Tyler Perry has a great forum that feeds off his special message email newsletter campaign.
- Serve as a help desk for aspiring authors: I have a Vertical Promo Help Desk for Christian Professionals who seek Marketing support. They can leave me a questions and I will respond within 24 hours. Other readers can see the Q & A and interact.
- Others? How do you use forums