My novel, A Good Excuse to Be Bad has its national release June 28, 2011. When I noticed how I close I was to the book launch date I realized that although I have had the busiest, most trying, family in crisis year than I’ve ever had still needed to apply the action items I often encourage my clients and my Dee Goody Mail members. So as a reminder to myself and to up my accountability, I am sharing my checklist here.
- Relax. (you don’t have to do anything us, but enjoy it all. so chill)
- To enjoy this time throw a party.
- Now promote that party in every free outlet you can find.
- Get some door prizes for the party.
- Promote the biggest door prize on your site and every where you can near the venue two weeks before the event.
- Book a second event, because this party will be so cool. Your buddies will not want it to end, so have another place for them to meetup and provide an invite at this party.
- Invite people who matter to you and gift them for being such a great help.
- Prepare what you will read. Practice it.
- Pay for an ad in your local paper or local email blast.
- Prep the venue staff for your party. Early visit. Take your book. See who will be working for you. Give them a phone script in case someone calls wondering are you actually there.
Bonus. Have Fun. If no one else have fun, you better! LOL
One more thing. Today is the last day to enter to win a free autographed copy of A Good Excuse to Be Bad. Click the Good Reads pic or the link above to enter.
Dee Stewart is an inspirational book reviewer for Romantic Times Magazine, contributing writer to Hope for Women Magazine, staff columnist for Christian Fiction Online Magazine, owner of Christian Fiction Blog and DeeGospel PR, an entertainment PR boutique. She is alsoMiranda Parker, novelist for Kensington Publishers Dafina Books. Her debut novel “A Good Excuse to be Bad” releases July 2011