How to Plot Your Novel and Bring Your Character’s to Life Workshop October 20-22, 2011 at http://novelwritingworkshops.blogspot.com/
This three day workshop will include two components:
- How to Plot your Novel. Miranda Parker host
- In this workshop you will take your working story idea and build a novel ready plot that can also be used as book proposal synopsis.
- On Day One you will learn the basics and writing techniques to compose a novel plot and will receive a homework assignment to apply these rules to your working story.
- On Day Two you will present your story plot to the other participants in the workshop to be critiqued by Miranda Parker and the group. Miranda will send you revisions and suggestions.
- On Day Three you will submit the final plot.
- How to Bring Your Characters to Life. Shelia Goss host.
- In this workshop you will take your main character in your working story and learn techniques to build a publishable character story arc.
- On Day One you will learn how to make your character novel worthy.
- On Day Two you will present your character sketch to other participants in the workshop, to also be critiqued by Shelia Goss and the group. Shelia will send revisions and suggestions.
- On Day Three you will submit your final sketch.
This workshop includes:
- a private Facebook group for participants
- one on one feedback from both Shelia Goss and Miranda Parker
- a private online workshop to protect their work
More about Shelia Goss:
Shelia M. Goss writes in multiple genres. She is the author of the Essence Magazine, Dallas Morning News and Black Expressions Bestseller My Invisible Husband and Roses are thorns, Violets are true, Paige’s Web, Double Platinum, His Invisible Wife, Hollywood Deception, Delilah, Savannah’s Curse, and Ruthless (Dec. 2011). She’s also the author of the young adult book seriesThe Lip Gloss Chronicles: The Ultimate Test, Splitsville, Paper Thin, Secrets Untold and Secrets Undone (2012).Shelia also writes young adult fiction. Be sure to share the news of her books with a teen in your life. The website is www.thelipglosschronicles.com. The Ultimate Test, Splitsville, Paper Thin, and Secrets Untold are the books in the Lip Gloss Chronicles series.
visit her at www.sheliagoss.com
More about Miranda Parker:
Miranda Parker is the author of A Good Excuse to Be Bad, book 1 in the Angel Crawford Bounty Hunter Series. She has been featured in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, RT Book Reviews Magazine and Publishers Weekly. She has also made featured author appearances for the 2011 (NBCC) National Book Club Convention, Black Pearl Magazine’s Chocolate Social, The Decatur Book Festival, and the Atlanta Press Club. She is also the Social Media/Marketing Head for the ITW Debut Authors Program and a contributing editor to The Big Thrill. Bestselling Author Reshonda Tate Billingsley states that "Angel is a good girl in a fast paced, kick butt, bad boy chase, sexy thrill-ride. Can’t wait for the next man hunt." She resides with her family in Georgia near a horse ranch and her daughter’s Girl Scout Troop. On a perfect day she can be found curled up with a good book or in a movie theater with a bucket of popcorn. Visit her blog at www.mirandaparker.com or on facebook at www.facebook.com/mirandaparkerbooks
Hint: I’m her.
To register for this event, please visit http://goo.gl/m4FIq